Monday, October 6, 2008

october.

october's always kind of a bittersweet month for me. lots of changes start happening around this time for me...

seasons change, color of the leaves change, my schedule gets more hectic, etc. october also brings back a lot of painful memories. october 2005, God needed my dad up in heaven, so He took called him to be with Him. bittersweet, definitely.

my dad suffered from the unbeatable cancer of the liver. well, "unbeatable" 'cuz there's no cure... but, my dad was superman. he beat it. they gave him 6 months, he lasted 20. he was an amazing man who loved God, loved his family, and was absolutely selfless. being the first (and only) person in his family to move to the united states, he housed basically everyone who came here after him. his cousins, my mom's cousins, his sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, etc. he opened his home to everyone who needed a warm bed to sleep in and a roof over their head. he was the most generous man i knew. he gave to everyone else, and didn't mind taking the hand-me-downs. my sisters, mom, and i would always drive around the new cars, and my dad would take the old, leftover ones. he never drove a new car.

anyway... he was just an amazing man. so, this post is dedicated to him. just for the world to see what an awesome guy he was. enjoy the pics.

my mom and dad... they loved each other so much...

dad and his favorite "white boy" grandson, blaine.

dad in puerto nuevo on father's day 2004, grubbin on some lobster... his fave!

my handsome dad and his killer smile that we all miss

3 comments:

David Trotter said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Unknown said...

i agree with previous comment. your dad was awesome! he had to have been! he raised 3 awesome daughters!

Unknown said...

thanks caroline. i really appreciate that.